The Solution Architect/Senior Delivery Engineer will play both a pre-sales and post-sales role. This position will require interaction with both the Sales Team and our customers to develop business opportunities and guide technical discovery and solution development. This role will also be responsible for post-sales deployment projects and the development of our company’s solution portfolio. The successful candidate should possess a drive to define and deliver technology solutions targeted on meeting defined and documented customer business needs. The candidate must have the ability to quickly and confidently pick up new technologies and products and integrate this new knowledge into the delivery of any solution.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical and sales support for selected account opportunities.
- Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements and develop solutions that meet the defined Business needs.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- Drive identified major account opportunities while allowing account team to maintain long-term ownership.
- Provide consultative support to other Virtual Team Specialists and Systems Engineers.
- Mentor less experienced Systems Engineers and be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company and customers.
- Publish white papers on given topics, for internal or external use.
- Gather evolving technical trends and changes within the various markets we play; develop deep technical knowledge and understanding and provide insight to internal and external customers and peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to listen and negotiate. Presentation skills are required.
- Strong desire to develop understanding and expertise of new and emerging technologies, vendors and technical solutions.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas by delivering solutions within schedule and budget
- Achieves product-growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team, or account base
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Complete/obtain vendor and technology-driven certification for both personnel growth and partner requirements
- Reports to the Director of Service Delivery
- Works closely and collaboratively with the sales and account teams supported
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of Network engineering and/or Cybersecurity engineering experience in both enterprise and SMB customer segments
- A record of achievement and technical-solution expertise in a comparable role
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position includes local travel to customers’ premises (nearly all in the DC metro area).
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
TECHNICAL AREAS of EXPERTISE
- Vendor-specific knowledge aligned with Company partnerships (Cisco, Brocade)
- General expertise in standard network building-blocks and protocols
- Wireless Networking
- Vendor-specific knowledge aligned with Company partnerships (Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet, Meru, Ruckus)
- Vendor-specific knowledge aligned with Company partnerships (Cisco, Fortinet, Infoblox, FireEye, Ixia )
- Expertise in deploying and troubleshooting security measures including, but not limited to, NGFW/UTM, identity services, multi-factor authentication, and LAN/WLAN access control
- Network Monitoring and Visibility
- Basic understanding of SNMP-based monitoring and syslog collection and correlation, as well as their common tools